Sunday, December 13, 2015

Self- Portraits Art Making/Material Exploration Blog

  1. I selected the inspiration pieces due to the realness you get from looking at them. I also picked on piece by Pablo Picasso because he is one of my favorite artists. 
  2. The media I used was pencil because pencil is the easiest media for me to draw with. 
  3. The challenges I faced was trying to make the portrait of myself look real and not to look as scary as it came out to be. Another challenge was the fact that it was a portrait of myself so I wanted it to look exactly like me, which is hard to do and I didn't get to overcome this challenge. I didn't fully overcome these challenges but I did my best to fix my portrait. My lack of drawing experience sure does show in this portrait of myself. 
  4. This piece represents me by the happiness that is shown in this portrait. 
  5. The elements I used were line, shape, color and texture. The principles I used were movement and emphasis. 
  6. Honestly, I did not like this project due to the fact that I am not an artist and I cannot draw. Trying to draw and get something good out of it is really challenging for me. 
  7. I think that my final work is the best I could do although I know it could be better. 

Name: Ken Heyman
Title: Andy Warhol with Self-Portraits 
Media: Silver Gelatin Print
Size: 40.6 x 50.8 cm
Year: 1964

Name: Ernst Ludwig Kirchner
Title: Frauenbildnis ( Portrait of a Woman)
Media: Oil on canvas
Size: 46 3/8 x 34 5/8 in
Year: 1911

Name: Pablo Picasso
Title: La Toilette
Media: Oil on canvas
Size: 59 1/2 x 39 in 
Year: 1906

Picture of myself

Portrait 

No comments:

Post a Comment